Sunday, January 6, 2008

Welcome to Truman's blog!

It's a new year, and in the spirit of trying new things, I've decided to start a blog dedicated to my beagle, Truman. A miniscule achievement, maybe, but I am new to the blogging world. (I know, I know, it's 2008, who doesn't have a blog?) Special thanks to Jackie of SnoutBeagle for helping me take the steps to get started. Those of you who love beagles or just dogs in general should definitely check out her blog dedicated to her beagles, Diesel and Marvin. She really captures the great spirit and playfulness of this wonderful breed, and her blog inspired me to start my own. Thanks, Jackie!

I'll start with a little background on Truman. My husband, John, (then my boyfriend at the time) and I first met Truman on October 2, 2004, a day after my 28th birthday. As I held the 8-week-old pup in my arms, I was in love. He was dubbed Tracker by his breeders, since their young daughters had taken a liking to him. We took him home that day, and by the evening he was officially named Truman. And he's had our hearts ever since.

Truman

The wee one, the day we brought him home. His head seemed almost too big for his little body!

Truman Window

Our beagle boy today. What a handsome boy!

1 comment:

snoutbeagle said...

Wow! Look how his colors changed as he grew up! That's the one thing that make me sad about adopting pups as adults ... what did they look like when they were little?

Very nice blog Truman!